WHAT WE DO
At Valo, we have built a big data analytics platform from scratch that focuses on delivering simplicity from a user perspective, so users can easily build their own analytics tools or applications on bleeding-edge software.
Valo can be used for anything from IoT, social media, gaming, trading or hardware. Designed by developers for developers.
We know this isn't for everyone - but if you're excited about being part of our craziness, have a proven ability to deliver high performance and would like to work with a knowledgable and friendly team, keep reading.
- TV Series
- 36 +
- Everybody else together
Learning & development
Flexible working hours
Employee & family assistance
320+ Sunny days each year(Only in Málaga or remote)
We are looking for experienced Scala/Java developers to join our Valo core team working in Málaga or London in the real guts of our technology.
This opportunity is to work on the core Valo technology which is written in Scala, in a very focused and knowledgeable team, on technically challenging development work.
Does working on and learning about any of the stuff like this seem fun to you:
- Analysis of streaming data
- Analysis of large volumes of historical data -billions of rows
- Clustering-CAP theorem, gossip protocols
- Distributed computation–lambda architecture, graph analysis, CRDTs
- A SQL like query language
- Machine learning
- Data storage –high performance storage, Indexing and retrieval
- Writing performant code
- Working on difficult problems
- Writing code targeting Linux, Windows, and OSX
Do you want to work on a team that:
- Is friendly, focused and knowledgeable
- Works like a startup
- Has solid financial backing
- Successful applicants will be friendly and experienced in Scala/Akka for delivering complex, real-time, highly available distributed systems; feeling, and acting on, a strong sense of ownership of their work and its impact on the product and clients. They will be proven team players with the ability to listen to others, alongside developing and clearly communicating their own point of view.
- We are looking for Scala developers but we will consider strong Java developers who are ready to make a move to Scala.
- The work is technically very challenging, both in terms of concepts, but also often close to 'the metal'. As you would expect from a real-time system, performance is always a critical factor. A strong technical background and interest is required, as is the capability, understanding and willingness to be part of a team that tests its code as part of the development process (as well as in QA).
- As a team of both aspiring and inspiring people, we have ownership of the technologies we build and continuously innovate to create something truly powerful and engaging. As you can imagine there are a lot of things we are passionate about, such as: real-time interaction with huge volumes of data and the codification of algorithms.
- If you are already interested in things like Data Science, Machine Learning, and Big Data then you probably have the passion and drive to help us to shape the product. You'll have the opportunity to gain deep understanding of these topics as well as teach others! Most importantly, you'll collaborate with some pretty amazing people.
- You will fit perfectly with our team if you are proactive, energised and driven by a genuine interest in new technologies.
We are looking for a front end developer to join our team based in Málaga working on the user interface that unleashes the power of the Valo engine.
As a front end developer you will work with a cross-functional team in our Málaga office that builds a UI framework and UI apps that clients use to access our Valo technology. You will collaborate with fellow engineers, UX, visual designer(s) and other cross-functional teams to design tools for data visualization, data science, machine learning, and big data automation. You should feel comfortable working autonomously as well as with collaborating with fellow engineers and designers.
- Good Understanding of design patterns, architecture, performance & coding standards.
- Experience with agile methodologies (SCRUM framework) and Continuous Integration practices.
- Experience with modern web technologies (HTML5 APIs, WebWorkers, CSS3) and Single Page Applications development with related libraries and frameworks (jQuery, Angular, React, KnockOut, LESS, etc).
- Experience with JS tooling (NPM, Gulp, etc) and control version systems (Git and GitHub).
- Experience in real time asynchronous programming.
- High level of English.
- Engineering in computer science or similar.
- Experience with reactive real time applications and asynchronous programming.
- Knowledge of different types of programming languages.
- Experience with NodeJS/Web Sockets.
- Multi cultural background, used to startup-like environment.
- Experience with visualisations libraries like D3 with SVG, Canvas or WebGL.
We are looking for a designer to join our development & marketing team, working in Málaga at the heart of our new software technology, as well as supporting our existing software brand which has a strong presence in the financial sector worldwide.
- This opportunity is to join our design function, reporting in to our Senior UI Designer based in Malaga. You will be responsible for communicating not only the Valo brand globally, but the parent company brand, ITRS Group, and its market-leading Geneos and Insights products. These 2 headline brands (Valo and ITRS Group) target very different audiences and go-to-market strategies, offering the right candidate a great opportunity to flex their creativity for both a B2B focused model targeting Financial Services clients (ITRS) and an online, D2C model targeting end users in any industry (Valo).
- Based in our Malaga office, you will work with many different stakeholders and departments across our global offices, working together to create beautiful designs to deliver visual communications and product UI design fulfilling the objectives of our marketing, product, tech communications and UX functions.
- Develop and maintain a strong brand symmetry across all communications channels, including websites, social media channels and collateral (primarily online), as well as the software products themselves and supporting documentation.
- Create beautiful graphics to visually communicate complex concepts and use cases in an easy to understand way.
- An ability to turn wireframe diagrams into stunning designs that strengthen our brand identity delivered via our websites and software
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts
- The primary objective here is to create simple illustrations and infographics to explain complex abstractions and concepts.
- "Build once, use often" - create illustrations and infographics, animations and video that can be recycled and used in a variety of formats to strengthen our consistency of message, and ensure all areas of the business are able to communicate information in the same way.
- Strong experience with the Adobe Stack (Illustrator, Photoshop & Indesign).
- Experience creating illustrations, icons and concepts.
- Experience designing PPT and commercial presentations.
- Experience in online and offline design.
- Strong spoken and written English.
- Experience with infographics, animations and video.
- Responsible and able to deliver to deadline. You have project management skills and a proven ability to manage a number of projects simultaneously, regularly communicating progress to key stakeholders.
- Passionate about beautiful, intuitive, and engaging web, digital and application experiences.
- Empathetic & Team-worker. You easily see things from the perspective of others: our clients, your stakeholders, your teammates, and the website’s audiences.
- Big-picture and detail-oriented. You’re meticulous about the fine details that make up our brand, and also think broadly about how the graphic designs produced create a coherent big picture.
- Curious. You’re eager to learn. You love technology and stay abreast of new design ideas and incorporate them thoughtfully into your work.
We are looking for a full stack web developer to join our team based in Málaga working on the different websites and web applications of the company.
- Work closely with the design , UX and marketing team in developing and maintaining all the company websites (ITRS, VALO, J On The Beach and other sites).
- Responsible for the whole web process; Front-end and Back-end.
- Assist with tasks related to other web implementations; SEO, IT, QA and continuous integration.
- Good programming skills in PHP and good knowledge of Object Oriented programming.
- Experience with modern web technologies (HTML5, CSS3).
- Responsive Web Design.
- Familiar with Photoshop.
- Connectivity with REST APIs.
- High level of English.
- Testing code (Unit, integration, functional and acceptance tests)
- Moodle developer.
- SEO, SEM